We’ve all been there – the nagging feeling that we don’t have enough time to work out. But are these time constraints real, or are they simply barriers we’ve built in our minds? In reality, we all have the same 24 hours in a day and 168 hours in a week. So, let’s explore how to overcome this common hurdle and make significant strides towards our health and fitness goals with the help of an online personal trainer.
Do you feel like you have no time for exercise? We have some practical solutions for you.
Shift Your Mindset
Changing your mindset is the first step. Start by asking yourself these crucial questions:
- Do you value yourself enough to prioritize self-care and ensure a long, healthy life?
- Are you sacrificing your future well-being by neglecting self-care today?
- Why do some people manage to find time for exercise while you struggle?
- What daily habits can be adjusted to accommodate practice?
- Asking these questions can help you break down perceived barriers and start crafting a plan of action. But let’s delve deeper into how to turn these insights into action.
Prioritize “Me” Time
Consider this: just like the airplane oxygen mask analogy – you must take care of yourself before assisting others, whether family, kids, or colleagues. Investing time in your well-being benefits everyone around you.
While many choose to add exercise to the beginning or end of their day, there are countless creative ways to incorporate it into your schedule whenever it suits you best.
Master Your Time Management
Don’t wait for a magical block of free time to appear – it rarely does. Instead, make a plan. Find opportunities to replace sedentary activities with movement or even merge the two. For instance, listen to audiobooks during a brisk walk or catch up on your favourite TV shows while doing cardio.
Your New Mantra: “I Prioritize My Time”
Remember, the core issue with most barriers is mindset. However, you can retrain your subconscious. The steps above will help you do just that.
We’re here to support you if you’re seeking guidance on scheduling, accountability, and effective workouts. Our team comprises the best personal trainers in Toronto, available for in-home training or virtual sessions from anywhere. Contact us today to learn more.